Veronicastrum virginicum 'Red Arrows'
More About Veronicastrum virginicum 'Red Arrows'
- Tall, upright, clumping habit
- New flower buds are deep pink to red
- Spiked buds open to lilac flowers
- Lance-shaped, dark green leaves with a reddish tinge
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to early autumn
- Foliage Height: 75 cm
- Flower Height: 110 cm
Culver's Root Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grow in a fertile, moist soil, in full sun to partial shade. Not tolerant of drought conditions. Prune veronicastrum back in early summer to increase branching and bloom count. This will also help to prevent late season flopping.
Veronicastrum virginicum 'Red Arrows' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall