Vernonia lettermannii 'Iron Butterfly'
Also called Slim-leaf Ironweed
More About Vernonia lettermannii 'Iron Butterfly'
- Masses of tiny, purple, flower clusters
- Fine, thread-leaf, light to mid-green foliage
- Attractive perennial even when it is not flowering
- Drought tolerant and thrives in poor, rocky soils
- Bloom Time: Late August to mid-September
Narrow-leaf Ironweed Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best grown in an average to dry, well-drained, sandy soil, in full sun. Tolerates short periods of moisture and is drought tolerant once established. Low maintenance perennial throughout the season.
Vernonia lettermannii 'Iron Butterfly' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall