Tricyrtis x 'Sinonome'
More About Tricyrtis x 'Sinonome'
- Vase-shaped, clump forming perennial, spreading by stolons
- Erect, somewhat zig-zagging stems
- Ovate, medium-green leaves
- Star-shaped, white flowers are heavily freckled with ruby-purple spots
- Foliage remains attractive throughout the growing season
- Bloom Time: Late summer to late fall
Toad Lily Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grow in a moist, well-drained, humus rich soil, in partial to full shade. Pinch back in early summer to encourage more branching and a compact, bushy habit. In Ontario climates, it is recommended planting in a sheltered location protected from frost so that you can enjoy the flowers later in the season. Protect with loose mulch in areas that do not have consistent snow coverage.
Tricyrtis x 'Sinonome' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)