Tricyrtis hirta 'Miyazaki'
More About Tricyrtis hirta 'Miyazaki'
- Clump forming perennial, spreading by stolons
- Erect, somewhat zig-zagging stems
- Glossy, green leaves are variegated, dark green with irregular, yellow margins
- Star-shaped, white flowers are heavily freckled with dark purple spots
- Foliage remains attractive throughout the growing season
- Bloom Time: Late summer to late fall
Japanese Toad Lily Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grow in a moist, well-drained, humus rich soil, in partial to full shade. Pinch back in early summer to encourage more branching and a compact, bushy habit. In Ontario climates, it is recommended planting in a sheltered location protected from frost so that you can enjoy the flowers later in the season. Protect with loose mulch in areas that do not have consistent snow coverage.
Tricyrtis hirta 'Miyazaki' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)