Tricyrtis hirta 'Lightning Strike'
Suitable Substitutions for Tricyrtis hirta 'Lightning Strike'
More About Tricyrtis hirta 'Lightning Strike'
- Rhizomatous, clump forming perennial with arching stems
- Deep green leaves with irregular, yellow streaks
- Pale lavender to white, star-shaped flowers are heavily freckled with burgundy spots
- Foliage remains attractive throughout the growing season
- Bloom Time: Late summer to late fall
Japanese Toad Lily Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grow in a moist, well-drained, humus rich soil, in partial to full shade. Pinch back in early summer to encourage more branching and a compact, bushy habit. In Ontario climates, it is recommended planting in a sheltered location protected from frost so that you can enjoy the flowers later in the season. Protect with loose mulch in areas that do not have consistent snow coverage.
Tricyrtis hirta 'Lightning Strike' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)