Tricyrtis formosana 'Autumn Glow'
More About Tricyrtis formosana 'Autumn Glow'
- Rhizomatous perennial, spreading by stolons
- Erect, somewhat zig-zagging stems
- Glossy leaves are variegated, dark green with wide, yellow margins
- Star-shaped, purple flowers are heavily freckled with darker spots
- Foliage remains attractive throughout the growing season
- Bloom Time: Late summer to late fall
Toad Lily Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grow in a moist, well-drained, humus rich soil, in partial to full shade. Pinch back in early summer to encourage more branching and a compact, bushy habit. In Ontario climates, it is recommended planting in a sheltered location protected from frost so that you can enjoy the flowers later in the season. Protect with loose mulch in areas that do not have consistent snow coverage.
Tricyrtis formosana 'Autumn Glow' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)