Tiarella x 'Iron Butterfly'#PP12396, COPF
Suitable Substitutions for Tiarella x 'Iron Butterfly'
More About Tiarella x 'Iron Butterfly' (PP12396, COPF)
- Compact, clump forming perennial with a non-trailing form
- Deeply lobed leaves are dark green with black, central blotches and veining
- Pink buds open to tiny, star-shaped, soft pink flowers on spike-like racemes
- Bronze-red tinted foliage develops during fall
- Makes an excellent ground cover for shady or wooded sites
- Bloom Time: Late spring to midsummer
- Flower Height: 35 cm
- Foliage Height: 25 cm
Foam Flower Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to consistently moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. They tolerate a wide range of soil conditions, however, protect from excessive, winter moisture. Trim flowers back when finished to maintain a compact habit.
Tiarella x 'Iron Butterfly' (PP12396, COPF) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge