Tiarella cordifolia 'Running Tapestry'
More About Tiarella cordifolia 'Running Tapestry'
- Rhizomatous perennial vigorously spreads by trailing stolons
- Heart-shaped leaves with 3-5 lobes, 10 cm across
- Leaves develop reddish variegation along the veins
- Pink buds open to tiny, star-shaped, white flowers form spike-like racemes
- Bronze-red, tinted foliage develops during the fall or cooler weather
- Makes an excellent ground cover for shady, wooded sites
- Bloom Time: Early to mid-spring
- Flower Height: 30 cm
- Foliage Height: 10-15 cm
Foam Flower Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to consistently moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. They tolerate a wide range of soil conditions, however, protect from excessive, winter moisture. Trim flowers back when finished to maintain a compact habit.
Tiarella cordifolia 'Running Tapestry' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge