Thymus serpyllum 'Magic Carpet'
Also called Mother of Thyme, Magic Carpet Creeping Thyme
More About Thymus serpyllum 'Magic Carpet'
- AKA Thymus praecox 'Magic Carpet'
- Fast-spreading, aromatic, evergreen ground cover
- Tiny, pink flowers mass over dark green foliage
- Strong grower that trails over rock walls or pavers
- Handles some foot traffic
- Bloom Time: Early summer to midsummer
Creeping Thyme Growing and Maintenance Tips
Trim lightly after flowering to maintain a compact habit. Plant in an average to dry, well-drained, calcareous (containing calcium carbonate) soil, in full sun. Tolerates drought and poor soils with low fertility.
Thymus serpyllum 'Magic Carpet' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Landscape usesRooftop (extensive)