Thymus praecox 'Elfin'
More About Thymus praecox 'Elfin'
- AKA Thymus serpyllum 'Elfin'
- Slow, mat-forming, evergreen cultivar for small spaces
- Plant between paving stones or crevices
- Compact growth of gray-green, tiny, hairy leaves
- Pink flowers and not as floriferous as other cultivars
- Handles some foot traffic
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Thyme Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a well-drained, average to dry soil, in full sun. Winter wetness may cause root rot and this is often confused with its hardiness. Drought tolerant once established. Low maintenance perennial that requires no pruning throughout the year.
Thymus praecox 'Elfin' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum