Thuja occidentalis 'Yellow Ribbon'
More About Thuja occidentalis 'Yellow Ribbon'
- Semi-dwarf, slow-growing evergreen
- Upright, narrow, pyramidal habit
- New spring foliage emerges yellowish-orange
- Foliage matures to a lime-green colour in the summer
- Grow as a specimen or screening
Yellow Ribbon Cedar Growing and Maintenance Tips
Typically grown as a golden-coloured specimen, this cedar can also be used in groupings for low, privacy screens. This cultivar is a good solution for landscapes where space is an issue, as it stays very narrow and compact compared to most cedars. It also provides visual interest with its golden colour throughout the year. Damage or stem breakage may occur in the winter from ice and snow accumulation. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying, winter winds is recommended in an exposed location.
Thuja occidentalis 'Yellow Ribbon' Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Landscape usesFoundation planting