Thuja occidentalis 'Little Giant'#COPF
Also called Little Giant Arborvitae
More About Thuja occidentalis 'Little Giant' (COPF)
- Dwarf cultivar with a dense, rounded to oval habit
- Light, gray-green foliage grows densely in vertical sprays
- Turns a pale green colour in the winter
- Good as a foundation or group
- Low tolerance of dry or drought conditions
Deer find the soft, evergreen foliage very attractive for winter food and will rapidly strip plant.
Little Giant Cedar Growing and Maintenance Tips
A versatile evergreen can tolerate heavy pruning to create geometrical shapes in any formal, landscape setting. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying, winter winds is recommended in an exposed location.
Thuja occidentalis 'Little Giant' (COPF) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils
Landscape usesFoundation planting