Thuja occidentalis 'Golden Globe'
Also called Golden Globe Arborvitae
More About Thuja occidentalis 'Golden Globe'
- Dwarf, dense, evergreen shrub with an open, rounded to oval habit
- Bright golden-yellow foliage grows loosely in vertical sprays
- Turns a pale coppery-yellow colour in the winter
- Good for foundation or group planting or as a golden accent
- Low tolerance of dry or drought conditions
Deer find the soft, evergreen foliage very attractive for winter food and will rapidly strip a plant.
Golden Globe Cedar Growing and Maintenance Tips
Golden Globe cedars benefit from light pruning to obtain a more compact shape. Damage or stem breakage may occur in the winter from ice and snow accumulation. This cultivar is particularly susceptible to windburn in the winter months. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying, winter winds is recommended in an exposed location.
Thuja occidentalis 'Golden Globe' Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Landscape usesFoundation planting