Thuja occidentalis 'George Peabody'
More About Thuja occidentalis 'George Peabody'
- Upright, broad, conical to pyramidal habit
- Golden-green foliage grows densely in vertical sprays
- Winter foliage retains its colour better than other golden cultivars
- An excellent plant for a year round, bright focal point
- Low tolerance of dry or drought conditions
Deer find the soft, evergreen foliage very attractive for winter food and will rapidly strip a plant.
George Peabody Cedar Growing and Maintenance Tips
Typically grown as a golden-coloured specimen, this cedar can also be used in groupings for low, privacy screens. This cultivar is a good solution for landscapes where space is an issue, as it stays very narrow and compact compared to most cedars. It also provides visual interest with its golden colour throughout the year. Damage or stem breakage may occur in the winter from ice and snow accumulation. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying, winter winds is recommended in an exposed location.
Thuja occidentalis 'George Peabody' Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Landscape usesFoundation planting