Thalictrum x 'Black Stockings'
More About Thalictrum x 'Black Stockings'
- Clump forming, grown for its attractive foliage and flowers
- Many, tiny, lavender-purple flowers form clusters on tall, jet-black stems
- Stems are darkest when grown in full sun
- Lacy, columbine-like, mid-green foliage
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 120 cm
Meadow Rue Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plant in an average to moist, humus-rich soil in partial shade. Tolerates full sun in northern climates when adequate moisture is provided. Taller cultivars may require staking.
Thalictrum x 'Black Stockings' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average