More About Thalictrum aquilegifolium
- Lacy, columbine-like foliage forms erect clumps
- Flowers appear in shades of pink, white or purple in early summer
- Dainty flowers grouped into dense clusters on upright, flower stems
- Hairless, gray-green leaves form on wavy, margined leaflets
- Naturalizes in open meadows or woodland perimeters
- Bloom Time: Early summer
- Flower Height: 90 cm
- Foliage Height: 60 cm
Introduced to Ontario and has naturalized throughout the province.
Columbine Meadow Rue Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, humus-rich soil in partial shade. Tolerates full sun in northern climates when adequate moisture is provided. Taller cultivars may require staking.
Thalictrum aquilegifolium Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum