Taxus x media 'Sunburst'
More About Taxus x media 'Sunburst'
- Semi-dwarf, dense, mounding, spreading habit
- Ascending branches arch outward
- Narrow, short-stalked, green-yellow needles are a brighter yellow at the tips
- Small, round, fleshy, red berries on mature stems
- Extremely low tolerance for wet, poorly drained conditions
Mature taxus species have the ability to regrow from old wood, so older specimens can be rejuvenated in the garden.
Sunburst Yew Growing and Maintenance Tips
A versatile evergreen tolerating heavy pruning, making it ideal for hedges, screens, foundation plantings and topiary landscapes. It can also be left unpruned for a softer textured landscape. This cultivar adds visual impact throughout the year. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying, winter winds is recommended in an exposed location.
Taxus x media 'Sunburst' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average