Taxus x media 'Hicksii'
More About Taxus x media 'Hicksii'
- Columnar, dense, with sharply ascending branches
- Excellent evergreen for tight hedging
- Narrow, short-stalked, dark green needles
- Small, round, fleshy, red berries on mature stems
- Extremely low tolerance for wet, poorly drained conditions
Mature taxus species have the ability to regrow from old wood, so older specimens can be rejuvenated in the garden.
Hick's Yew Growing and Maintenance Tips
A versatile evergreen tolerating heavy pruning, making it ideal for hedges, screens, foundation plantings and topiary landscapes. It can also be left unpruned for a softer textured landscape. A very columnar-growing cultivar, making it a good vertical accent. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying, winter winds is recommended in an exposed location.
Taxus x media 'Hicksii' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)