Taxus x media 'Fairview'
More About Taxus x media 'Fairview'
- Semi-upright, vase-shaped, dense habit
- Sharply ascending branches arch outward
- Narrow, short-stalked, dark green needles
- Small, round, fleshy, red berries on mature stems
- Extremely low tolerance for wet, poorly drained conditions
Mature taxus species have the ability to regrow from old wood, so older specimens can be rejuvenated in the garden.
Fairview Yew Growing and Maintenance Tips
A versatile evergreen tolerating heavy pruning, making it ideal for hedges, screens, foundation plantings and topiary landscapes. It can also be left unpruned for a softer textured landscape. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying, winter winds is recommended in an exposed location.
Taxus x media 'Fairview' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)