More About 'Veestar'
- Fragaria x ananassa 'Veestar'
- Large, medium red berries
- Fairly firm with good flavour
- Very good for freezing and other processing uses
- Ripens: Mid to late season
Veestar Strawberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
Strawberry plants grow best in a well-drained, sandy , loam soil with plenty of organic matter. Flower buds form in the fall within the plant crown. The flower clusters emerge in late May and early June. Berries start to ripen 4-5 weeks after the first flowers open and continue to ripen for about 3 weeks. "Everbearing" cultivars form flower buds in the summer and fall producing berries all season long.
Moist to Average