Stachys byzantina 'Helen Von Stein'
Also called Woolly Betony
More About Stachys byzantina 'Helen Von Stein'
- AKA Stachys byzantina 'Big Ears'
- Foliage perennial, ideal for edging or a ground cover
- Mat-forming, grayish-silver, felted foliage
- Flowers rarely form on this cultivar
- Semi-evergreen in milder winters
Leaf shape and texture are reminiscent of a "lamb's ear", hence the common name.
Lamb's Ear Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a dry to average, or moist, well-drained soil in full sun to partial shade. Drought tolerant once established, especially when shade is provided in the hot, afternoon sun. Susceptible to leaf dieback in hot, humid summers, remove these infected leaves as needed.
Stachys byzantina 'Helen Von Stein' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils