Solidago sphacelata 'Golden Fleece'
Also called Short-Pappus Goldenrod
More About Solidago sphacelata 'Golden Fleece'
- Clump forming, well-branched habit
- Arching panicles of golden-yellow flowers
- Flowers cover a finely textured foliage
- Leaves are oval to heart-shaped and mid-green in colour
- Excellent as a massing perennial
- Bloom Time: August to September
Goldenrod (Solidago) is unfairly blamed for being the source of pollen or allergens which affect those who suffer from hay fever. Pollen from goldenrod is too heavy to travel by air whereas ragweed pollen, which is released close in time to that of solidago, is easily carried and is the true source of this discomfort.
Goldenrod Growing and Maintenance Tips
Thrives in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Tolerates poor quality soils and a considerable amount of drought conditions.
Solidago sphacelata 'Golden Fleece' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall