Sedum telephium 'Munstead Dark Red'
More About Sedum telephium 'Munstead Dark Red'
- Crimson-rose blooms on this clump forming plant
- Bloom will intensify to deep pink in autumn
- Succulent, green leaves are tinged with red in the summer
- Upright habit and red stems
- Dried seed heads add winter interest
- Bloom Time: Late summer to mid-fall
Genus Overview: Sedum
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Sedum are some of the most versitile perennials on the planet. Best grown in an average to dry, extremely well-drained soil, in full sun. They are valued for their ability to handle intense heat, and hardy enough to survive the harshest of winters, making them a perferred plant to use in xeriscaping. Most sedum can tolerate short periods of wet or shade, but note, sun and moisture levels directly effect the colour and growing habits of every sedum. Taller cultivars will benefit from pruning 6-8 weeks prior to bloom time (cut back to about 1/3) to encourage a sturdier, compact habit and prevent the heavy, flower clusters from flopping over.
Sedum telephium 'Munstead Dark Red' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils