Sedum telephium 'Matrona'
More About Sedum telephium 'Matrona'
- Clump form, mounding habit
- Upright stems with round, deep gray-green leaves tinged with purple
- Soft pink, star-shaped flowers form clusters on sturdy stems
- Flower colour deepens to a deep pink in cooler weather
- Flowers dry on stems adding winter appeal
- Bloom Time: Late summer to late fall
- Flower Height: 60 cm
- Foliage Height: 50 cm
Genus Overview: Sedum
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Sedum are some of the most versitile perennials on the planet. Best grown in an average to dry, extremely well-drained soil, in full sun. They are valued for their ability to handle intense heat, and hardy enough to survive the harshest of winters, making them a perferred plant to use in xeriscaping. Most sedum can tolerate short periods of wet or shade, but note, sun and moisture levels directly effect the colour and growing habits of every sedum. Taller cultivars will benefit from pruning 6-8 weeks prior to bloom time (cut back to about 1/3) to encourage a sturdier, compact habit and prevent the heavy, flower clusters from flopping over.
Sedum telephium 'Matrona' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesRooftop (extensive)