Sedum selskianum 'Spirit'
More About Sedum selskianum 'Spirit'
- Tiny, yellow, star-shaped flowers cover the entire plant
- Glossy, bright green foliage has serrated margins
- Semi-evergreen, compact, mounding habit
- Suitable for a ground cover, in a rock garden or for rooftop gardens
- Bloom Time: Late spring to late summer
Genus Overview: Sedum
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Sedum are some of the most versitile perennials on the planet. Best grown in an average to dry, extremely well-drained soil, in full sun. They are valued for their ability to handle intense heat, and hardy enough to survive the harshest of winters, making them a perferred plant to use in xeriscaping. Most sedum can tolerate short periods of wet or shade, but note, sun and moisture levels directly effect the colour and growing habits of every sedum. Taller cultivars will benefit from pruning 6-8 weeks prior to bloom time (cut back to about 1/3) to encourage a sturdier, compact habit and prevent the heavy, flower clusters from flopping over.
Sedum selskianum 'Spirit' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesRooftop (extensive)