Sedum hybridum 'Immergrunchen'
More About Sedum hybridum 'Immergrunchen'
- Mat-forming, trailing habit
- Tiny, yellow, star-shaped flowers cover the entire plant
- Small, spoon-shaped, dark green leaves have coarsely serrated edges
- Green foliage turns bright orange-red in cooler temperatures
- Excellent choice for difficult areas such as slopes and rocky sites
- Semi-evergreen foliage
- Bloom Time: June to early summer
Genus Overview: Sedum
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Sedum are some of the most versitile perennials on the planet. Best grown in an average to dry, extremely well-drained soil, in full sun. They are valued for their ability to handle intense heat, and hardy enough to survive the harshest of winters, making them a perferred plant to use in xeriscaping. Most sedum can tolerate short periods of wet or shade, but note, sun and moisture levels directly effect the colour and growing habits of every sedum. Taller cultivars will benefit from pruning 6-8 weeks prior to bloom time (cut back to about 1/3) to encourage a sturdier, compact habit and prevent the heavy, flower clusters from flopping over.
Sedum hybridum 'Immergrunchen' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)
Landscape usesRooftop (extensive)