Sedum acre 'Oktoberfest'
More About Sedum acre 'Oktoberfest'
- Mat-forming perennial that handles foot traffic
- Tiny, white, star-shaped flowers form clusters covering the entire plant
- Succulent green leaves remain evergreen
- May be used as a ground cover for slopes or as a lawn substitute
- Suitable for green roofs or living walls
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to late summer
Genus Overview: Sedum
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Sedum are some of the most versitile perennials on the planet. Best grown in an average to dry, extremely well-drained soil, in full sun. They are valued for their ability to handle intense heat, and hardy enough to survive the harshest of winters, making them a perferred plant to use in xeriscaping. Most sedum can tolerate short periods of wet or shade, but note, sun and moisture levels directly effect the colour and growing habits of every sedum. Taller cultivars will benefit from pruning 6-8 weeks prior to bloom time (cut back to about 1/3) to encourage a sturdier, compact habit and prevent the heavy, flower clusters from flopping over.
Sedum acre 'Oktoberfest' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Landscape usesRoadside planting