Sciadopitys verticillata 'Mitsch Select'
Also called Mitsch Select Koyamaki
More About Sciadopitys verticillata 'Mitsch Select'
- Upright, broadly open conifer, growing wider with age
- Dark green, pine-like needle, with a glossy appearance
- Needles are arranged in whorls on the branches
- Tufted needles form in an upward manner to look like a wind-distended, umbrella skeleton
- Slow-growing cultivar, even under optimal conditions
- A unique plant with a tropical appearance
Mitsch Select Umbrella Pine Growing and Maintenance Tips
A very low maintenance plant, requiring little to no pruning. This pine makes an ideal specimen for any landscape border or rock garden. A great addition to any avid gardener's conifer collection. Younger plants should be protected (burlap wrap) from extremely cold, drying, winter winds and excessive drought until well established (2-3 years min.). Plant in a rich, acidic soil.
Sciadopitys verticillata 'Mitsch Select' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)
Landscape usesFoundation planting