Sciadopitys verticillata 'Joe Kozey'
Also called Joe Kozey Koyamaki
More About Sciadopitys verticillata 'Joe Kozey'
- Narrow, upright and densely branched, this conifer will become more open, tall and narrow with age
- Dark green pine-like needles with a glossy appearance
- Needles are arranged in whorls on the branches
- Tufted needles form in an upward manner to look like a wind-distended, umbrella skeleton
- Slow-growing cultivar, even under optimal conditions
- A unique plant with a tropical appearance
Joe Kozey Umbrella Pine Growing and Maintenance Tips
This columnar evergreen is a good choice when planting in a confined area or planted in groups to make a privacy wall. Younger plants should be protected (burlap wrap) from extremely cold, drying, winter winds and excessive drought until well established (2-3 years min.). Plant in a rich, acidic soil.
Sciadopitys verticillata 'Joe Kozey' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)
Landscape usesFoundation planting