Scabiosa columbaria 'Butterfly Blue'
Also called Small Scabious
More About Scabiosa columbaria 'Butterfly Blue'
- Compact clump-forming perennial
- Outer lavender-blue ruffled petals have domed paler blue stamens
- Centre stamens resemble pins in a pincushion
- Gray-green lance-shaped basal leaves
- Bloom Time: Early summer to frost
Pincushion Growing and Maintenance Tips
Provide a location with good air circulation to prevent powdery mildew. Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun. Drought tolerant once established. Good drainage is required for the overall performance of this perennial, especially in the winter months where root rot may be a problem. It is not partial to hot, humid summers. Removing spent flowers will encourage blooming.
Scabiosa columbaria 'Butterfly Blue' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum