Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace®' (Eva)#PP15575, CPBR2633
Also called Black Elderberry
More About Sambucus nigra Black Lace® ('Eva') (PP15575, CPBR2633)
- Proven Winners® ColorChoice®
- Pink lemon-scented flowers in a flat-topped cluster
- Purple-black berries in clusters in July if a pollinator is present
- Attractive, finely cut, dark purple-black foliage
- Mostly vertical with weak stems
- Bloom Time: June
- Requires Sambucus Laced Up® nearby to produce fruit
All parts of the plant are toxic to pets and livestock. But because of the distinctive odour of the leaves, animals tend to avoid it.
Black Lace® Elderberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
It grows best in a moist soil but will become more drought tolerant as it ages. Heavy pruning in the first few years will strengthen the plant and prevent it from becoming leggy. Fruits are edible, but must be cooked. Uncooked berries may induce illness.
Sambucus nigra Black Lace® ('Eva') (PP15575, CPBR2633) Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Average to Dry Soils