Sambucus canadensis 'Maxima'
More About Sambucus canadensis 'Maxima'
- Pleasantly fragrant white flowers in a flat-topped cluster
- Distinguished from its parent by the much larger flowers
- Purple-black berries in clusters, August to September, will attract birds
- Medium-green compound pinnate leaves turn yellow in the fall
- Mostly vertical with weak, hollow stems
- Bloom Time: July
Elderberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
A vigorous growing shrub that will tolerate many soil and light conditions. Suckering freely, it is excellent for re-naturalization.
Sambucus canadensis 'Maxima' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average