Salvia officinalis 'Purpurascens'
More About Salvia officinalis 'Purpurascens'
- Sub-shrub, compact, mounding habit
- Purple-green, woolly, oblong to ovate leaves, 8 cm long
- Insignificant, lilac-blue flowers
- Grown for its culinary and ornamental appeal
- Bloom Time: Early to midsummer
Purple Sage Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun. They are drought tolerant once established. Wet soils without proper drainage are detrimental to the plant especially in the winter months when it is dormant.
Salvia officinalis 'Purpurascens' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils