Salix matsudana 'Tortuosa'
Also called Dragon's Claw Willow, Rattlesnake Willow
More About Salix matsudana 'Tortuosa'
- Small, pale yellow catkins
- Long, bright green leaves are curled and twisted
- Young branches are yellowish-green and grow in a spiral, twisted fashion
- Rough, brown, fissured bark on mature trees
- Upright, oval, rounded form
- Bloom Time: Spring
The ornamental nature of its branches and twigs make it a good choice for bonsai or floral arrangements.
Corkscrew Willow Growing and Maintenance Tips
Corkscrew willow grows best in a medium to wet, well-drained soil, in full sun. It will tolerate a drier soil better than many other willows.
Salix matsudana 'Tortuosa' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average