Salix alba 'Tristis'
More About Salix alba 'Tristis'
- Upright, open, rounded crown with pendulous, golden branchlets
- Young branches are golden-yellow, maturing to gray-brown and deeply furrowed
- Flowers emerge yellow-white after the leaves emerge
- Long, narrow leaves are bright green on top, whitish-green beneath
- Fall colour is an undistinguished, pale yellow
- Bloom Time: April to May
Native to Ontario and parts of North America.
Weeping Golden Willow Growing and Maintenance Tips
One of the most popular of the weeping willows available, its value lies in its golden, weeping form. Grows well in wet locations, and has a very large, mature size.
Salix alba 'Tristis' Characteristics
Bog or water garden
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils