Rudbeckia hirta 'Rustic Colours'
Suitable Substitutions for Rudbeckia hirta 'Rustic Colours'
More About Rudbeckia hirta 'Rustic Colours'
- Biennial or short-lived perennial
- Daisy-like flowerheads
- Deep burgundy petals with yellow tips surround a dark cone
- Rough, hairy, mid-green, lance-shaped leaves, 10 cm long
- Stem leaves are usually narrower and shorter
- Bloom Time: Early July to mid-fall
- Flower Height: 60 cm
- Foliage Height: 45 cm
- Flower Size: 8 cm
Gloriosa Daisy Growing and Maintenance Tips
A biennial that is a very prolific seeder, flowering from the first-year's germination, but may not self-seed true to cultivar. Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Deadheading will help with overall appearance but not necessary for extending bloom times. Tolerates hot and humid summers and has a good tolerance to drought. Leaving finished flowers will provide both winter interest and food for birds.
Rudbeckia hirta 'Rustic Colours' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils