Rodgersia pinnata 'Chocolate Wing'
More About Rodgersia pinnata 'Chocolate Wing'
- Clump forming, rhizomatous perennial
- This cultivar is one of the species with the darkest foliage
- Thick, glossy, heavily veined, basal foliage
- Chocolate-brown, aesculus-like leaves mature to dark green
- Tall stems produce pink, pyramidal panicles
- Flowers are followed by dark red or brown, capsular fruit
- Bloom Time: July to August
- Flower Height: 100 cm
- Foliage Height: 70 cm
Featherleaf Rodgersia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist to wet soil, in full sun or partial shade. They will not withstand drought, but will tolerate drier conditions in full shade. Grow in bog gardens or a moist, woodland border.
Rodgersia pinnata 'Chocolate Wing' Characteristics
Bog or water garden
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils