Robinia pseudoacacia 'Purple Robe'
More About Robinia pseudoacacia 'Purple Robe'
- Broad, upright, with an oval crown
- Pinnate, compound leaves are bronze-green in the summer, yellow in the fall
- Fragrant, wisteria-like, violet-purple flowers
- Flowers are followed by smooth, flat, purple-brown seed pods
- Dark, gray-brown bark is deeply furrowed
- Bloom Time: May
Purple Robe Black Locust Growing and Maintenance Tips
Violet-purple, spring flowers make this an interesting tree for the landscape. A good selection for locations which are susceptible to drought. Avoid pruning in the spring as it tends to "bleed" when cut.
Robinia pseudoacacia 'Purple Robe' Characteristics
Moist to Average