Prunus maackii 'Gold Rush®' (Jefree)
More About Prunus maackii Gold Rush® ('Jefree')
- Upright, pyramidal crown, maturing round
- Best known for its burnished-gold-bronze exfoliating bark
- Fragrant white florets in clusters
- Persistent small black fruit attracts birds
- Drooping green leaves turn an uninspiring yellow in the fall, often dropping early, exposing the bark
- Salt tolerant
- Bloom Time: Late spring
'Jeffree' differs from its parent in that it has a slightly more gold bark colouring and an improved resistance to frost cracking.
Gold Rush® Amur Cherry Growing and Maintenance Tips
Prunus maackii grows best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, tolerating poorer soils, some salt pollution and is very cold hardy. It can be grown as a specimen tree or a multi-stemmed plant. Pruning some of the lower branches allows the bark to show.
Prunus maackii Gold Rush® ('Jefree') Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum