Prunus cerasifera 'Newport'
More About Prunus cerasifera 'Newport'
- Upright, rounded, spreading crown
- Flowers are white to pale pink
- Flowers give way to medium-sized dark purple edible plums
- Leaves emerge light bronze-purple, maturing to dark purple
- Foliage becomes red in the fall
- Bloom Time: April
Newport Cherry Plum Growing and Maintenance Tips
Great ornamental value with its early, spring flowers, purple, summer foliage and red, fall colour. This cultivar is a specimen for any average-sized landscape.
Prunus cerasifera 'Newport' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring