Potentilla fruticosa 'Red Ace'
More About Potentilla fruticosa 'Red Ace'
- Small flowers appear red, and fade to orange in intense heat
- Potentilla is among the few plants to flower all summer
- Seeds are inconspicuous but persisting into the winter
- Medium green, fine foliage
- Mounding, spreading habit
- Bloom Time: Late spring to fall
Red Ace Cinqufoil Growing and Maintenance Tips
Potentilla grows best in a semi-dry, fertile soil, transplant easily, and tolerate a wide range of soil types and conditions. They can be pruned down to 7 to 10 cm late fall or early spring every few years, to help maintain a fresh look.
Potentilla fruticosa 'Red Ace' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesFoundation planting