Potentilla fruticosa 'Abbotswood'
More About Potentilla fruticosa 'Abbotswood'
- Wide, white flowers are the first to appear of the species
- Potentilla is one of the few woody plants to flower all summer
- Seeds are inconspicuous, persisting into the winter
- Bluish-green, fine foliage
- Mounding, spreading habit
- Bloom Time: Late spring
Abbotswood Cinquefoil Growing and Maintenance Tips
Potentilla grows best in a semi-dry, fertile soil, transplant easily, and tolerate a wide range of soil types and conditions. They can be pruned down to 7 to 10 cm late fall or early spring every few years, to help maintain a fresh look.
Potentilla fruticosa 'Abbotswood' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum