More About Populus grandidentata
- Loose, open, irregular crown with coarse, spreading branches
- Leaves are ovate with a serrated edge, green on top and whitish underneath
- Drooping catkins are tan coloured at maturity
- Flowers are followed by pear-shaped seeds with long, silky hairs attached to the narrow end
- Fall foliage is a bright yellow
Native to Ontario and parts of North America.
Big-toothed Aspen Growing and Maintenance Tips
A good, native selection for naturalizing or for park areas. Sawtooth aspen is distinguished from trembling aspen by its heavily serrated foliage.
Populus grandidentata Characteristics
Native to Ontario
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils