Polygonatum falcatum 'Variegatum'
Also called Variegated Japanese Solomon's Seal
More About Polygonatum falcatum 'Variegatum'
- Vase-shaped, clumping habit
- Variegated, green leaves with white margins
- Leaves appear on arching, red stems
- Bell-shaped flowers dangle at each leaf axis beneath the arching stems
- Sweetly fragrant, waxy, white blooms
- Exotic, architectural touch to a shady landscape
- Bloom Time: Late April to May
Variegated Solomon's Seal Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in dappled to full shade. It will also thrive in a moist, woodland, shade garden, and grow in a somewhat dry site so long it is shady and the soil has good nutrient levels. Easy to care for perennial, spreading by rhizomes to form large colonies.
Polygonatum falcatum 'Variegatum' Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge