Picea orientalis 'Tom Thumb'
More About Picea orientalis 'Tom Thumb'
- Spreading, horizontal to slightly ascending branches
- Forms a dense, broad to rounded, shrubby, flattened globe
- Short, tight-growing needles are golden yellow
- Use in rock gardens or foundation plantings
- Growth rate: 2-5 cm per year
This compact selection is a sport of Picea orientalis 'Skylands'.
Tom Thumb Oriental Spruce Growing and Maintenance Tips
Prefers moist to average, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. This dwarf cultivar requires no pruning. For best colour plant in full sun locations.
Picea orientalis 'Tom Thumb' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Landscape usesPatio plants