Picea bicolor 'Howell's Dwarf Tigertail'
Also called Alcock's Spruce
More About Picea bicolor 'Howell's Dwarf Tigertail'
- AKA Picea alcoquiana 'Howell's Dwarf'
- Forms a compact mound that may take on a pyramidal shape
- Unique colour combination
- Green needles have bright blue undersides and a tint of yellow on exposed needles
- Attractive, reddish-purple cones
Howell's Dwarf Tigertail Spruce Growing and Maintenance Tips
Thriving in full sun, it is a unique tree noted for its colourful cones. Somewhat tolerant of urban conditions. If a leader develops, it can be pruned out to maintain the mound.
Picea bicolor 'Howell's Dwarf Tigertail' Characteristics