Physostegia virginiana 'Crown of Snow' (White Crown)
Also called Obedient Plant
More About Physostegia virginiana Crown of Snow ('White Crown')
- AKA Physostegia virginiana 'White Crown'
- Upright, clumping habit
- Dense spikes of white, tubular, snapdragon-like flowers
- Narrow, lance-shaped, serrated, green leaves on square stems
- Fast-growing, and spreads to cover a large area
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to early fall
- Flower Height: 90 cm
- Foliage Height: 65 cm
The common name 'obedient plant' refers to the individual flowers that can be moved into new positions.
False Dragonhead Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, or wet soil, in full sun to partial shade. This cultivar has a more compact habit than the species and is less likely to flop over. It can be pruned in late spring.
Physostegia virginiana Crown of Snow ('White Crown') Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils