Physocarpus opulifolius 'Nugget'
More About Physocarpus opulifolius 'Nugget'
- Flat-topped clusters of white flowers
- Flowers give way to reddish fruit in the fall
- Yellow textured leaves fade to a greenish colour as the summer progresses
- Bark peels in sheets, especially on older stems
- Upright, arching habit
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Nugget Ninebark Growing and Maintenance Tips
Ninebark grows best in a well-drained, fertile soil, however, they are very hardy and adaptable and will tolerate a wide range of soil types and conditions. Prune by thinning at the base to reduce mildew and full renewal by pruning down to ground in late winter.
Physocarpus opulifolius 'Nugget' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesFoundation planting