Physocarpus opulifolius 'Nanus'
More About Physocarpus opulifolius 'Nanus'
- Flat-topped clusters of white flowers
- Fruit reddish in the fall, turning to brown with maturity
- Dense shrub with smaller leaves than the species
- Bark peels in sheets, especially on older stems
- Upright, mounding habit
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Dwarf Ninebark Growing and Maintenance Tips
Ninebark grows best in a well-drained, fertile soil, however, they are very hardy and adaptable and will tolerate a wide range of soil types and conditions. Prune by thinning at the base to reduce mildew and full renewal by pruning down to ground in late winter.
Physocarpus opulifolius 'Nanus' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum