Phlox subulata 'Nice 'n White'
Also called Creeping Phlox, Alpine Phlox
Suitable Substitutions for Phlox subulata 'Nice 'n White'
More About Phlox subulata 'Nice 'n White'
- Spreading, low, mounding habit
- White flowers appear just above the foliage
- Semi-evergreen foliage with dark green, needle-like leaves
- Plant them in mass to form a low, carpet-like, ground cover
- Creeps over rocks or retaining walls
- Bloom Time: Mid to late spring
Moss Phlox Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best a humus, well-drained soil, with medium moisture, in partial shade, however, it will tolerate a shadier site. It is drought tolerant once established. Shear back after flowering to improve the overall appearance and to perhaps encourage new flowers throughout the summer. Provide good air circulation when choosing a location for this species to reduce the potential of powdery mildew. It is best to not prune in the fall and cleanup winter, damaged foliage in the spring.
Phlox subulata 'Nice 'n White' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils